WHY BECOME A MEMBER?
Decades of changes in doing business have put many downtowns in a declining condition. Here in Altus, we understand that the success of the downtown district affects the business economy throughout the town. Because of that understanding, there is an ongoing effort to restore our downtown to a vibrant level of all-day activity in a safe, attractive setting – the Main Street Altus downtown revitalization program.
Our goals are set on restoring the importance of our Main Street District. Altus will be a place where families and friends can meet and mingle; where a wide variety of stores and restaurants will meet the needs and desires of our residents and visitors alike; and where the history of Altus is told and honored in the buildings and design of our central business district.
Our dreams are endless!
Here are some of our dreams and progress:
- Restoration of the Wichita Falls & Norhwestern Railway Depot
- Courthouse Restoration – Landscaping, Dome, etc.
- Historical Walking Tours
- Lanscaping – Adopt-a-Bed Program
- History of Buildings through Benches, Bricks and Books
- Alley Park
- Second Floor Living and Lofts
Current Events and Projects
- Rock-N-Rumble Car Show and Cruise
- Cotton Pickin’ Chili Cook Off
- Candy Cane Cash “Sweet” Stakes
- Walkin’ On Chalk Arts Festival
- Chautauqua: Living History Events
- Christmas Season of Lights
- Antiquing and Shopping Altus Brochure
- Memorial Brick Project
- Alley Cats Cleanup Program
- Fresh Paint Daze
- Alley Park
- Banners for all Seasons
- Storefront Art
- Façade Grants
Become a Member
Our Hero: $500
Chili Cook Off: $500
Candy Cane Cash: $250/$500
Walkin’ on Chalk: $500